Saturday, June 22, 2013

Rainy Weather and Cloud



Claude Monet has been so influential for me, when I was growing up in the Philippines, my uncle (a painter) introduced me to the impressionists from France.  I read as much as I could on Manet, Monet, Renoir, Pissarro, Degas, Van Gogh, art books, literature articles, magazines and history books.  I was totally inspired and made me want to paint in this style!  Years later, as I continued to paint and find a style I could call my own, I still revert back to this captivating style with nostalgia and passion.

Not only is the style unique for its time, it was neither highly finished or realistic and the subject matter neither classical or historical.  It was very cool to paint what happened in real life, life's adventures, and capturing the essence of light.

Rainy weather and cloud could not hinder 6 avid students from attending my workshop today at The Painted Tree, in Cobourg Ontario.  The workshop " Paint your gardens like Monet" introduced students to the impressionistic style of 'broken colour'.

Below is the demonstration painting, I painted with the class.

Till the next time,
Marissa
Demonstration Painting by Marissa Sweet
 

No comments:

Post a Comment