Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back to Routine

Happy New Year to one and all!!!  It has been a crazy ride since the last time I wrote, so it took awhile to get back into blogging, but now I AM BACK and ready to start the New Year!

2013 was full of surprises, even though I did not register for any out-of-town shows, I was still very busy with local Juried shows.  These shows have opened up new connections and opportunities, commission work and sales.  I am very blessed.

Among my many surprises was being invited to participate in an invite-only Christmas show and sale with the Sunnybrook Hospital.  The show is organized by the SBH Volunteers and is well managed.

Last fall, I have taken on the role as Newsletter Editor for the Society of Canadian Artists!  It will be a good opportunity to meet working artists throughout Canada and to be more involved in the visual arts on a national scale!  I am excited and anxious at the same time!

My workshops are up and ready for registration with the Visual Arts Centre http://www.vac.ca/adults-learn.html and hope to see you in the next little while.

Lots are in store for 2014, but before I go... I wish you all Happiness and Health for the New Year.

Keep painting!
Marissa

Christmas Show and Sale at Sunnybrook Hospital
(photo courtesy: Linda Kim Rawe)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment