Friday, October 4, 2013

Falling for Fall

"The falling leaves drift by the window...the autumn leaves of red and gold.  I see your lips, the summer kisses, the sun-burned hands I used to hold".  Wow, isn't that such powerful words for such a beautiful song, " Autumn Leaves, by Nat King Cole.  My mother used to play this song whenever she would sit on our piano and every time I hear this song, I remember her.

Every fall, the beauty of nature surrounds us.  The leaves become golden, red, deep hues of green, while the sun bursts with brilliant orange.  How not to be inspired to paint all these!!!

I am participating in my only group show this year ( after a 1 year hiatus), which is with the Oshawa Art Association.  This widely anticipated group show and sale showcases fine art work of the Oshawa Art Members, closed to over 150 now!!  It is an honour to be surrounded by such great art, in all mediums!  It is the biggest 'painting' show in Durham. 

Hope you can come visit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment