Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taking a break

Most of my friends and clients ask me, what shows I am doing this year or where am I going to show next and honestly, I am NOT showing next.  YUPPer, Am taking a break from shows for a while.

Of course, it is not to say I am terminating my career as a visual artist.   Certainly NO WAY!!!  But rather just taking a bit of a hiatus, an interval or rather a break from showing my art through shows and fairs.

I am teaching a lot and continue to work on my own paintings and gather new reference materials for future work.  I have a ton on unfinished work and have made efforts to finish them one by one as I create new ones.  Due to this more relaxed atmosphere, I feel more inspired to create and continue with conceptual work soon to be unveiled.

Even without shows to gear up to, I feel the most productive as I have ever been in years!!!  Even without the deadline, I continue to work on my projects whether it be painting, research, motivation, marketing, teaching, mentoring, administration, networking, and web social media.  This break really isn't the break people think it may seem to be, but rather this break has pushed me to work harder than ever before.

Here are two finished works, I am sure my Bold Floral students will be happy to see.

Happy Summer!!
Marissa
Peace 24" x 24" Acrylic

May Belle 24" x 24" Acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment